Because your privacy is important to us, YellowHawk Ltd ("YellowHawk"), which own the CommsBox site, operates by the following principles.
This policy is effective from the 24th May 2018
Modification of Site
YellowHawk may change this Policy, or change, modify or withdraw access to, or the content on this Site, at any time, with or without notice, so you should recheck this Policy prior to each visit to or use of this Site. YellowHawk has posted above the effective date of this version of this Policy above for your reference.
This Policy is applicable the business of YellowHawk Ltd and to this web site and to no other business and to now other web site.
Data we hold
We hold information about current clients, potential clients ("leads") and suppliers.
We may hold the following information:
- name and email address
- web-site usage data
- an individuals business information
- where you correspond with us, any information included in your signature block or that is contained in the correspondence
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- geographic information
- copies of any correspondence between us
- information necessary to to the provision of any contracts we have with you
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- managing the services we provide
- providing you with relevant market information, offers and other information that you have consented to receive
- internal record keeping and accounting
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- to better understand potential customers (leads) and how best to meet their business requirements
- compliance with our legal obligations for example to demonstrate consent has been obtained to recieve mailings from us
Information we gather may be shared with our Partners in aggregate form so as not to reveal our Members' identities.
We do not sell any of the information we hold to third parties.
We may share the information we hold with third parties contracted with us to run the services we offer to our clients.
Providing us with personal information does not result in you receiving offers and communication, unless you elect to "opt-in" to receive such information.
Our basis for holding and using your data
If your have consented to receive marketing information from us then we only hold and use your personal data in line with the consent that you have given us. You may withdraw that consent at any time using the 'unsubscribe' line at the foot of each email or by contact us on this link.
There are also circumstances where we do not require your consent to hold or use your personal data. This is where we can rely on what are called "legitimate interests". Examples of these circumstances are:
- where you are or have been a customer of ours either by attending our classes or buying tickets for shows
- where you have or are currently providing a service to us, for example an equipment provider
- where we are in correspondence because you have made an enquitry about the services we offer
Data that we acquire under "legitimate ineterest" will be held for a minimum of 10 years. It will not be used for any other purpose and will not be shared with persons who are not associated with that client without your consent.
All data will be regularly reviewed and deleted when it is no longer relevant or of use.
Controlling your personal information
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us then simply click on the “unsubscribe” link at the end of any such email or complete this form specifying which newsletter you no longer wish to receive.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Site uses "cookies", which are small text files placed on your computer. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
If you'd like to know more about cookies and their use generally then please read this Wikipedia article.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
YellowHawk Ltd have taken appropriate reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of your personal information. Our electronic data is stored on servers located in a secure UK data centre.
If you have any questions or requests concerning your personal information, please contact us